Energizing, purifying, depuffing, hydrating, cleansing, rejuvenating are just a few words that describe the benefits of using facial masks as a regular part of your skin care routine. While masking may be a new concept for some men, the benefits will far outweigh any initial hesitation you may have.
The regular use of masks helps skin keep its youthful appearance and can also help postpone and even treat certain skin issues. Just a quick 20-minute process daily or weekly will give your skin a healthy glow.
Top 5 Benefits of Masking for Men
First, science says that although men’s skin tends to be thicker and their oil glands larger, there is no evidence that it requires ingredients other than what is found in women’s skin care products. In short, facial masks for women are facial masks for men. Here are just a few of the benefits of working masking into your daily or weekly skin care routine.
- Proper treatment of your face can prevent liver spots, sunburns, reduce different types of acne, and even soothe a great number of inflammations and irritations.
- Your skin will appear younger and fresher.
- Stimulates Blood Circulation: many common signs of aging such as uneven skin tone, inflammation, and dark under-eye circles are related to poor blood circulation.
- Relaxing, refreshing, invigorating
- Hydrating, healing, and soothing
- Removes impurities, bacteria, and blackheads
- Improves the results of your regular skin care routine
Types of Masks
There are masks for any type of skin care issues and needs. Many are developed specifically for sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, aging, dry, and puffy skin. Here are the basic types of masks and the benefits they provide.
- Cream-based Masks: a good fit for normal to dry skin because they provide moisture, hydration, and soften your skin.
- Clay Masks: if you have oily or acne-prone skin, you need something that balances out the oil levels and regulates the oil secretion on your skin’s surface. Clay masks smooth and soften the surface of your skin by getting eliminating dust, debris, and grimy build-up. Clay masks also remove blackheads and resolve T-zone issues while working on firming your skin.
- Gel Masks: meant for sensitive and dehydrated skin types. Gel masks are gentle, lightweight, and are absorbed quickly. Ingredients like cucumber, green tea, and mint are usually found in these masks as they hydrate and calm your skin while firming and tightening it.
- Sheet Masks: the best thing about sheet masks is that they are effective, convenient, and easy to use. You simply place the sheet on your face, relax, and peel off after 30 minutes. Sheet masks are highly absorbent, and when used prior to bed, you’ll be stoked when you see how refreshed you look in the morning.
- Thermal masks: are all the craze and they work wonders on your skin. Thermal masks are formulated with ingredients that generate heat when exposed to air, water, or both and they produce a deep cleaning effect. Thermal masks unclog pores, enhance blood circulation, and draw deep-seated impurities to the skin’s surface. A winter must-have. Great for mature, aging skin.
- Peel-off Masks: if you’re looking for an instant glow, use a peel-off mask. These masks remove everything that has settled on the topmost layer of your skin – like dead skin cells, dust, oil, and blackheads.
- Hydrogel Masks: Hydrogel masks hold much more moisture than your regular gel masks. They are effective in repairing fine lines, wrinkles, and other visible signs of aging. Hydrogel masks are suitable for all skin types because they reduce redness caused by inflammation and leave your skin feeling baby soft. Use if you have dry, inflamed or aging skin.
- Vitamin C Mask: use every few weeks. Vitamin C masks are highly potent and produce quick results. As you age, your skin’s capacity to produce collagen is reduced giving way to signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. The Vitamin C mask is excellent for aging skin.
Before You Mask
Wash your face and pat it dry before using a facemask to ensure that it is free from dust, oil, and residue. Exfoliate your skin using a skin scrub. This prepares your skin to absorb the nutrients from the mask. Always follow up mask use with a good moisturizer.
BOXED BASICSSave the time and hassle of hunting down the right skin care products and check out Boxed Basics, a men’s skin care subscription service that delivers to your door. Boxed Basics will take the effort out of good skin care by providing you with a box filled with a variety of name-brand, time-tested quality skin care products created just for men. Masks, moisturizers, body wash, eye serums, hair care products, deodorants, colognes, and more provide you with everything you need to look and feel your best. Boxed Basics was created by men, for men. Check out Boxed Basics at https://theboxedbasics.com.